18 Oct How To Choose A Digital Marketing Agency
O.K., you have products or services that you believe offer unique benefits to customers at prices they will appreciate. The problem is that you need to get the message out there, expand your reach and get your company known.
Without solid, proven and realistic means to do this, you can have the best products or services the world has seen, but it will mean very little because your exposure levels are so limited.
To give you the necessary initial boost, and continue to build on exposure, you will need the help of a Digital Marketing Agency. Before jumping in you need to consider requirements that are specific to your needs.
Here are 5 things that need to be taken into account when deciding how to choose a digital marketing agency:
- The first question is yours! Whatever your marketing strategy is you need to be crystal clear when delivering this message to the agencies you have short-listed. Most companies will be looking for growth in terms of brand recognition and increased exposure to the types of customer you believe will be most receptive to what you are offering. Combining these 2 needs should provide an improved bottom line. When meeting with prospective agencies, ask them to explain how they will achieve the goals you require. There are a variety of ways in which this can be suggested and agency answers will go towards choosing the one that can best serve your needs.
- Client portfolio: Ask the agencies to give you details of their experience and client portfolio (past and present). Find out what experience they have of working with companies in your industry sector and ask them if they are prepared to give you a referral. If so, this will allow you to talk to the customer in question and receive an alternative view on the agency and their services.
- Your budget: It would be fantastic if you did not have marketing budget constraints to work within, but the reality is that some companies will be able to allocate far bigger budgets to this important aspect of their business than others. The agency you choose should offer scalable services and back this up with transparent billing. They should also be prepared to provide quotations on individual elements of the services they offer. This will help you clearly understand costs involved and enable you to prioritise tasks according to available budget.
- Willing to embrace your ideas: Most agencies will have set methods and strategies in terms of their marketing methods, but the best ones will be prepared to put those to one side and work with your vision. An agency that shows real enthusiasm in their desire to see your business flourish are very likely to go that extra mile to help you achieve this.
- Get past the sales jargon: Any agency worth their salt will employ persuasive sales executives. While their convincing reasons as to why the agency is right for you must be listened to and understood you need this backing up with real-life statistics and data relating to past project successes (and don’t forget to find out about any failures!). When deciding on how to choose a digital marketing agency it is extremely important to go with one that has proven and tested methods for tracking campaigns. Ask to see details of previous customer campaigns that show how successful the project was, examples of performance metrics and the overall ROI.
Choosing the agency that is right for your company:
Research, comparisons, and the way in which questions are responded to will go a long way in terms of making the right choice, but do not be afraid to rely on something that will not be found in any process manual – Gut Feeling! If you feel good about a particular agency then that is something which should not be ignored.
SGF Services is a Thailand based Board of Investment company who offer a range of digital marketing and web design services to local and international clients.
If you have a project in mind, we would love to hear from you and discuss how SGF can help take your business to the next level! Contact one of our friendly advisors here today.